What you get for your money
We offer top quality brands at competitive prices, and a comprehensive package as part of the upfront cost of every hearing device that we fit at our clinics.
You know your exact, entire hearing aid costs.
- Money Back Guarantee after a Forty-five (45) Day trial
- Three (3) Year Warranty
- Free Batteries for Five (5) Years
- Free, Unlimited Adjustments
- Free Annual Review / Hearing Test for Five (5) Years
If you have private insurance, check with your insurer to see what your policy covers for hearing aids.
Ask your clinician about the accessories which we can include with these hearing aids.
|LEVEL||PRIVATE (SELF-FUNDED) CLIENT|
|BRONZE + RIC
(Receiver in Canal)
|1 HEARING AID||A PAIR|
|OFFICE OF HEARING SERVICES (OHS) CLIENT|
|OHS TOP UP CLIENT|
|1 HEARING AID||A PAIR|
At Country Hearing Care there are no hidden costs, no surprises
We know that achieving a balance between running a business based on an ethical business model, and delivering the best outcome for clients, does not require compromise.
Improving your hearing need not cost as much as you think, especially when you take away the commission, the hard sell, and technology you may not even need. You have a choice.
We will work with you, to ensure that your hearing devices will suit your budget.
- We focus on you, our client, not sales
- We encourage you to take away the information we give you, so you can think about it
- We will not pressure you to buy something more expensive than you need
- We offer you a variety of hearing devices; we are not owned by a hearing aid manufacturer
- None of our clinicians is paid commission nor any incentives for hearing aids/devices sales
- None of our clinicians is given targets for hearing aids/devices sales.
Hearing aids on the internet
Are they safe? Where did they come from? Were they used? How can I get them adjusted?
The initial online cost appears less expensive, yet fitting and adjustment is critical as your brain re-conditions itself to selective listening skills.
- Failure to identify a surgically or medically treatable hearing loss
- Failure to diagnose medical conditions of the ear
- Poor device choice for the individuals physiology, capabilities and hearing
- Deficient correction of the hearing loss
- Noise injury through improper amplification
- Absence of specific device features for individual needs
- Purchase of an inauthentic or inferior device
- No backup or support services over the long-term,
including important adjustments.